Wednesday 18 January 2012

My final piece textile coursework :) (picture heavy!)

Hello there lovely peoples :) I am currently in my last year of college, studying Film studies, Fine art and Textiles :) For my textiles coursework I have been studying Japanese street fashion :) And I will post my first 2 (fairly rubbish) pieces of the year at a later date, modelled propperly in a studio shoot. :) but for now!

I am working on a piece inspired by Victorian fashion, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ;) And various Japanese street fashions such as Decora, Lolita, Fairy Kei, 6% Doki Doki and various other Harajuku fashions :)

This piece will be a high fashion piece... made more for more of a music video than daily wear :)
I will be putting up pictures as I make it so you can see the construction as I don't uses patterns as I'm a bit of a plonker and I like a challenge.. I also think it makes it more of my own design and more unique. ^_^

 I will show you the original design blue print I am making it from. :)
 I will then be making the garment in white sheeting so I can create the pattern and then take that appart and use the pieces for the real thing so the first one will all be in white as opposed to the colours it should be..  :D
( I will also been customising some shoes to match ;) and depending on whether this drains my soul or not I will be making a matching head piece. :D )

My piece is themed on "Candy" and Monsters. :)













My design ^_^ Front
And the back <3 Bustle sweet!

My first ever attempt at a bustle... never having seen a bustle.. =\



Not going too badly I dare say!!! :)








I am using an old Lolita skirt I have made to model my bustle! :D

darts needs to happen here..




 And that is how it is looking so far! :) The top still has some tweaking that needs to happen so it lays better.. though i must say.. my manikin is lacking in the bust department.... :) so looks sorta.. ill fitting up there! :D

 These are the designs for the eyes on my piece ^_^ I decided to go for the top left one :) Here it is in the many sizes I may use it in! :D

 I will also be customising some shoes :D with these ^ as well as normal white ones so they will be eyeeee shoessss O.O

That is all for now! :D I'll keep this updated so you can see how it's coming along :D
xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting excited just by seeing these photos :D Your bustle looks fantastic too O_O I can't wait to see the final thing, give me your amazing sewing powers <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ^.^ I have been making clothes for a few years now >.< its all practise and experimentation! :D *supercharges powers to Wai-yi!*
    If you want to try start of with something nice and simple to give you the confidence. crazy designs come with time ;) Try a simple skirt and you'll learn as you make ^.^ I'm self taught and my designs, techniques as well as neatness improve each time I make something! My other tip would be look at how your own clothes are made there are plenty of tips on construction there! :D Happy making! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete