Wednesday 1 February 2012

My final piece textile coursework PART 2 :) (picture heavy!)

Hello again! :) It's been a while since I updated this! This is the continuation of my final piece for my A level textiles piece. It is based on sweets and monsters and influenced by Harajuku street fashion and its origins. :) So lets get on with it!

First I thought I would introduce you to my partner in crime. :)
This is my baby. She is still nameless.. (which is unlike me =\ haha) but she's definitely a bit of a Diva.. <3
I only just noticed I left my mini tiara on her...! It suits her actually.. =\ She looks just like a princess!
Aw! That's it she can be called 'Hime' (princess in Japanese) :3


So this is what I have been doing so far just figuring out the patterns so i can unpick them and transfer the pieces to the real fabric to make my garment! =3

This was my first try for the sleeve lollipop. But it was too small and too fat. :) 





So I then made this one which is perfect! =3 When I make it for real it will be patch work so its stripy... I am not looking forward to turning that outside in and stuffing it.


This is my finished top design without sleeves or any detailing.. just the shell :) It sits perfectly on the bustle and when on me rather than my mannequin fits very snug. :) 


Now do you remember these!? Well they have multiplied a little.. :) THE EYES!!



These are actually NEON pink.. not a soft pink like above ^



Edited to give you a better sense of colour.. :)






  

This is My fabric for my final piece! Get your sunglasses out because this is bright!!

 
The ladies who were serving me must of thought.. "What the hell is girl thinking!?!" was a tad odd buying such a rainbow of neon-ness..

But yes! there you have it! What I have achieved so far! Tonight's mission is to cut out the pieces I need and get sewing.. :)

See you soon!!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hope the dress goes well haha :3
    OMG GURL
    those shoes <3 I love them haha, makes me think of kyary ;3
    and those colours of fabrics =w= hot damn x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy poo, those shoes are amazing! O_O
    They're so funky, I really can't wait to see the final thing even more now xD
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. >.< It's all going well so far! And yes River it is designed with Kyary in mind <3 Such a goddess. Hehe I'm glad you like the shoes also Wai-Yi! :D The colours are sort of 'sunglasses only combinations' that I'm sure were panicking the Fabric Land staff! haha I can't wait to see it finished either T__T 'Soul draining'.. haha x

    ReplyDelete